Optional Pin Intensifier de-agglomerates, homogenizes
Since the Munson Rotary Batch Mixer is an extremely gentle blender that will not degrade particles, it is sometimes necessary to impart shear into the batch to break apart agglomerates and separate non-free-flowing materials into discreet particles. A typical example is dispersing of pigments (which tend to agglomerate) throughout a batch of cement to make uniform mortar or grout mixture.
The optional Pin Intensifier promotes uniform distribution of non-free-flowing and other difficult-to-blend materials.
The Pin Intensifier is like having two machines in one: a pin mill for size reduction and an efficient blender for uniform mixing.
The Pin Intensifier is mounted at the discharge of the mixing vessel. As it rotates, all batch materials are continuously directed towards the discharge, and through a 'high energy' zone of the Pin Intensifier several times throughout the mixing cycle, assuring uniform distribution of difficult to blend materials.
For lab and other low-capacity rotary batch blending applications, go to Mini-Mixer
For batching of highly abrasive materials such as glass, ceramics, refractory products and powdered metal applications go to Rotary Glass Batcher.
Munson's Food Grade and Sanitary Rotary Mixers blend each batch in only two to three minutes, clean easily, discharge with 100 percent clean-out, and ensure 100 percent uniformity of the blend, even with minor additions as low as one part per million.
Geometry of the rotating drum's internal mixing flights directs material towards the discharge gate. When the gate is activated, 100 percent of the batch is discharged. The absence of residual material, coupled with multiple drum clean-out doors for unrestricted access to all internal surfaces, allows thorough sanitizing in minutes, preventing cross-contamination between changeovers.
- Internal mixing flights are spaced for easy access and continuously welded to the drum wall for 100% product discharge.
- All internal welds have a minimum ¼" radius to eliminate corners, cracks and crevices for material entrapment, and are polished to 80 grit as standard. Available with polishes up to 240 grit.
- Solid stainless steel discharge gate is disassembled in minutes with no tools.
- External seal resides out of mixing drum and is easily removed.
- Support structure and guards are epoxy painted and available in #304 stainless steel construction as an option.
- All product contact surfaces constructed of stainless steel, #2B Mill Finish standard with options available for #4 or #7 polish. 304SS and 316SS grades available.
- USDA Dairy suitable upon request