|CX Heavy Duty Cutters
The standard CX Cutter design employs a series of inter-connected cylindrical discs, each incorporating (2) replaceable tool steel cutter inserts (optional 4-insert disc design available) in a staggered configuration. The inserts incorporate positive rake-angle blade design, minimizing horsepower requirements and increasing shear efficiency.
|NUMBER OF CUTTER INSERTS
- Common support base mounted drive arrangement eliminates installation and alignment of independently mounted drive.
- Normal rotor speed operating range is 250 - 900 rpm, as dictated by application.
- Drive arrangement employs high torque transmitting cogged drive belt and sprockets, assuring non-slippage and maximum shock-load performance.
- All required, totally-enclosed drive guards are provided.
- Safety interlocking limit switches are equipped at equipment access points.
- Standard cutter sizes are 12", 24" and 36" assembly lengths, with 12" rotor cutter tip diameters.
- Normal drive motor range is 15 to 125 horsepower, as dictated by application requirements.
- Available materials of construction are carbon steel, abrasion resistant steel, stainless steel clad.
- Optional variable speed electrical and hydraulic drives.
- NEMA electrical control stations/networks.
Design and Construction
- Products may be fed via Hopper/Gaylord, pneumatically driven ram feeder, or powered feeders designed per application.
- Munson CX Cutters are self-contained assemblies constructed of welded and bolted extra heavy gauge steel materials.
- Cutter housings are of ¾" minimum thickness plate steel construction.
- Cylindrical rotor assembly employs a progressively staggered series of replaceable cutter inserts.
- Cutter inserts are individually indexed into rotor assembly and secured by high tensile socket head cap screws.
- Cutter inserts are constructed of type D-2 through-hardened tool steel.
- Rotor shaft is supported by sealed and shielded outboard mounted heavy-duty flange block bearings.
- Massive anvil supported breaker knife is of type D-2 hardened tool steel.